Update
Dear Parent/Guardian, There will be an information session in the Cabot Library on Monday, May 28th at 3:15pm for grade nine students and parents regarding course selections for next year. This meeting is intended to give students and their parent's information regarding the 02 program, high school graduation requirements and course selection choices for grade 10. Thank you for your time and consideration; hope to see you on Monday. Sincerely, Donnie Simms
Allergy Alert

Anaphylaxis and Cabot Jr./Sr. High School 

Protecting our Students and Staff 

There are students and staff who attend our school who have anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a severe sensitivity to certain substances which can trigger an allergic reaction causing a severe breathing emergency. Death can occur within minutes of ingestion of the allergen. 

Things that can trigger anaphylactic shock and that are dangerous to certain students and staff are as follows: scented products/chemicals, peanuts, peanut products, nuts, nut products, shellfish, bee stings, wasp stings, and some medications. 

Allergens must be ingested to cause a reaction. This means that they must enter the body through the skin such as by stings, or by eating. However, some allergens are extremely dangerous because they are airborne, and can enter the body through breathing. 

NOT SAFE! 

Peanuts and peanut products, nuts and nut products, scented products and chemicals, and shellfish can trigger severe allergic reactions. These products are not to be in the school . Alert school staff if you are aware that they are here. 

Click Here for More Information

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Information

Student Accident Insurance