Safety In Our Schools
Our schools are safe and secure places for learning. We watch out for our students, teach them about personal safety, and make sure our facilities are safe. Together with parents and the community, we create an environment that promotes learning, good citizenship, friendship, and fun.
We also recognize the appropriate student behavior is essential to the student growth, the development of responsible, self-disciplined youth, and to the operation of our schools.
- Notify the school if your child will be absent or late. Schools monitor attendance. We want to ensure your child arrives at school safely.
- Be sure the school has an updated emergency number in the event that your child is injured or becomes ill at school.
- As your child's first teacher, you will be the most important person to model safe behavior as you walk and drive together.
- As you walk your child to school, talk about crossing the street and being visible to drivers.
- Bicycles used by young children on busy streets can be hazardous. Please supervise your child's riding and help your child develop skills in safe areas.
For safety's sake, be informed! Become familiar with:
- the names of teachers who will be working with your child;
- the school procedures regarding field trips, fees and supplies;
- the school calendar - identify holidays and special events;
- the school's timetable - starting and dismissal times;
- the school's emergency procedure