MacDonald Elementary School is committed to providing a quality education in a caring and safe environment where all students have the opportunity to learn. Our school believes in the all-round development of the student as a person to prepare them for life long learning experiences.
The vision of MacDonald Elementary School is to provide the highest quality of education to every child in an instructional setting appropriate to his/her needs, and to prepare them to be responsible citizens.
-To teach consideration and respect through good role modeling behavior, problem solving techniques and critical thinking.
- To enhance self-esteem with positive recognition.
- To increase mutual respect throughout the entire school community.
- To promote responsibility by developing school expectations and consequences with the help of the entire school community.
- To develop awareness of the expectations and consequences throughout the school community.
- To provide positive recognition and reward for appropriate behavior.
We believe that:
- All children will progress at their own individual rate.
- Every child has the right to receive a quality education.
- All children are special, talented, and important and should be challenged to their full potential.
- The community is an important and necessary asset that can and should be utilized.
- We must help students develop responsibility for their behavior and learning.
- Respect for self is fundamental to respect for others.