When school is cancelled, all activities at the school are cancelled as well.
Grade 9 students who participated in the Reading, Writing, and Mathematics 8 assessment last school year will receive paper copies of their results on Friday, October 3rd, 2014. In addition, electronic copies are available in the PowerSchool Parent Portal as of October 1st, 2014.
Students will be coming home with three pieces of information:
- Results from the reading and writing portion of the assessment.
- Results from the mathematics portion of the assessment.
- An information pamphlet that explains the assessment.
Nova Scotia Assessments gather information about student performance based on selected curriculum outcomes in reading, writing, and mathematics. These assessments are developed by the Evaluation Services Division at the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. Teachers from across the province are involved in the development and scoring of Nova Scotia Assessments.
Nova Scotia Assessments provide:
- teachers with information to plan instruction.
- parents and guardians with information about how their child is doing in reading, writing, and mathematics
- the Department of Education and school boards with information to help make decisions.
Please continue to watch this space for important memos and information regarding the Malcolm Munroe school community.
We have both students and staff members at Malcolm Munroe with serious medical concerns related to the chemicals found in a wide variety of scented products including perfumes, deodorants, hairsprays, and laundry products. Contact with even trace amounts of these chemicals results in very serious and prolonged medical issues. We ask your help in keeping the school as scent free as possible.
- 11th Nov
- Remembrance Day- No School
- 28th Nov
- Parent/Teacher AM (9-11am); Professional Learning Day PM
- 12th Dec
- Professional Learning Day - Teachers only
- 19th Dec
- Last Teaching Day Prior to Christmas
- 5th Jan
- First Teaching Day After Christmas
|9 more item(s)|
125 Kenwood Drive
Sydney River, NS
phone: (902) 564-4587
fax: (902) 564-1666