CLICK HERE FOR A MS WORD DOWNLOAD
GRADE LEVEL/SUBJECT: 11-12, subject areas (History +)
The purpose of this (one day) lesson is to stress the importance of good attendance, student promptness, and overall student responsibility.
Why is this lesson important? At many high schools, there has been reported a tremendous decline in the attendance rate, excessive tabbies, and irresponsibility on behalf of the students.
1. To improve students attendance
2. To stress the importance of getting to class on time
3. To stress the importance of being the best student and the best citizen you can be
4. To auction Goods and Services which the students could use in their daily lives
5. To reward, not only, students who do well; but, to reward all students who are present that day
Printed Funny Money ($1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100).
The money will already be cut, sorted and calculated for each student for each hour.
Prizes will have already been purchased, sorted and valued.
(Prizes will include: pens, pencils, clear-folders, index cards, notebook paper, pocket-folders, markers, spiral notebooks, etc.)
Non-monetary gifts, A's on Chapter Tests, A on a Quiz, Free Current Events, Bonus Points, Free Questions on a Test (no more than five)
ACTIVITIES AND PROCEDURES:
Would include all the daily assignments (Section Reviews, puzzles, current events, vocabulary, Chapter Tests, and Quizzes.)
l. You have earned the amount of the money which you have to spend.
2. You must spend your money Today because your money does not carry over to the next Funny Money Activity.
3. Listen for the starting bid of a good or service.
4. You can't combine money, until the last two items which will be up for bid.
5. All money must be turned in at the end of the Auction.
Starting Bid Item Purchaser Amt.Pd
$l (2) Pencils Jay Minton $5
$5 (l) Free C.E. Chris Cook $l5
$l0 A new seat in class Aaron Stits $50
$5 Spiral Notebook Kim Maloney $l00
$l0 Free Library Pass Sean Garcia $60
$l5 Pocket Folder Crystal Elliott $35
$25 (5)Ex.Cr.Pts. Chris Cook $75
$5 (l)colored pen Nikki Doonan $50
$l0 (2)Free C.E. Brian Hall $35
$35 (A)on a Quiz Rodney H. $l00
*** The above are just half of the items and services which students can bid on.
Those who have earned the most money are the ones who can purchase more items, or the pick of items. Each time that Funny Money is played, some students will have acquired more money because their attendance, tardies, overall responsibilities have improved.
The game is Fun, Exciting and Rewarding. (THE GAME IS FUN TO PLAY AND CAN BE TIED INTO YOUR LESSON PLANS -- DO NOT OVER USE THIS STRATEGY ---ONCE A MONTH WOULD BE ENOUGH!!!)
Back To Contents