NAME THAT TOWN
CLICK HERE FOR A MS WORD DOWNLOAD
GRADE LEVEL/SUBJECT: Grades 4-12
The students will:
1. demonstrate an understanding of the geographic theme of location
2. demonstrate an ability to locate towns on a map by using map coordinates.
3. demonstrate an ability to use the index on a map.
4. cooperate in a learning activity.
** handout of picture sketches of towns
** handout of coordinates which match the map you are using
** provincial map
ACTIVITIES AND PROCEDURES:
ACTIVITY NO. 1
1. Students are to work in small groups
2. Hand out picture sketches of towns
3. Hand out provincial maps -- Students are to try and guess the name of the town represented by the sketch
4. If stuck, students are to check the "clue sheet" for the coordinates that match the town.
ACTIVITY NO. 2
1. Each student will work individually
2. Select a name from the map index and, using index cards draw a picture of it complete with map coordinates.
3. Student will draw their picture(s) on the board for others to guess.
Back To Contents