CLICK HERE FOR A MS WORD DOWNLOAD
1. To review a unit of study.
2. To practice outlining skills.
3. Small group discussion, inquiry and critical thinking.
three 4" square scraps of paper, overhead projector
ACTIVITIES AND PROCEDURE:
1. Break students into groups of 3-4 students.
2. Arrange desks to create "table".
3. Hand out a stack of scraps of paper to each group.
4. Have students copy down items listed on overhead onto individual scraps of paper.
5. Teacher has option of giving topic headings to students or having students create their own.
6. Students will then determine through group consensus where under which topic each item belongs.
7. The items should be listed in chronological order wherever possible. Items can be used in more than one category.
8. A class discussion should follow, where students attempt to justify their categories.