OPERATIONAL SERVICES: 400
Communications: OST 404
This policy applies to all bus drivers who drive School Buses that are equipped with cellular phones and/or radios.
To ensure the proper use of communication equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board to ensure the safety of all passengers traveling on School Buses.
This policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number....
It is the responsibility of the Director of Operational Services to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
Director of Operational Services
1) All School Board owned buses are equipped with cellular phones or radios.
2) The use of phones and/or radios are for emergency use only and are to be used only when the School Bus is not moving.
3) There are thirty minutes of free calling per cellular phone that is strictly adhered to, unless there is an emergency situation or any other situation approved by the Coordinator of Transportation.
4) A review of the monthly bills is conducted by the Coordinator of Transportation.
5) Drivers are in-serviced on a regular basis on the use of cellular phones.
This policy will be reviewed by Director of Operational Services within three years from the authorization date.
All Policy Manual Holders