Travel Assistance-Provincial/National Competitions: FIN 120
Adoption Date: October 25, 1999
Revised: April 2, 2007
To provide financial assistance within budgetary allotment for schools that are competing in a provincial/national championship outside the Board.
To establish uniform guidelines for the payment of travel grants for provincial/national competitions.
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board that financial assistance to qualifying schools will be limited to a Board approved grant of $500.00 irrespective of mode of transportation and number of participants. Financial assistance is subject to amounts approved in the Board’s annual budget.
PSS 237 - School Trips & Tours
This policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number....
It is the responsibility of the Director of Finance to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
The Coordinator of Finance and Accounting will implement the policy and administrative procedures.
1. Schools who wish to apply for travel assistance must fill out the Provincial/National Competition form (copy attached).
2. If a School Board bus is preferred, then the principal must contact the Manager of Transportation and provide the following details:
From this information availability of a bus will be determined.
3. If a bus is available, the Manager of Transportation will inform the Coordinator of School Services and the principal of the school.
4. The application form must then be submitted to the Coordinator of School Services for his approval.
5. If an alternate mode of transportation is desired, then the form must be filled out and submitted directly to the Coordinator of School Services for his approval and in turn submitted to Accounts Payable for a travel grant.
6. A copy of the completed form will be submitted to the Transportation Department by the Coordinator of School Services.
7. All claims are subject to audit.
Request for Travel Assistance - Provincial/National Competition (FIN 120a)
This policy will be reviewed by Director of Finance within three years from the authorization date.
All Policy Manual Holders
CAPE BRETON-VICTORIA REGIONAL SCHOOL BOARD
REQUEST FOR TRAVEL ASSISTANCE
PROVINCIAL / NATIONAL COMPETITION
SCHOOL CONTACT PERSON:
PLACE OF PROVINCIAL COMPETITION:
TYPE OF COMPETITION:
DATES OF COMPETITION:
NUMBER OF STUDENTS:
* MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: A OR B (CHECK ONE)
|A. [ ]||B. [ ]|
|School Board Owned Bus||
At 31¢ = $________________
|Make arrangements with the Manager of Transportation to secure bus before submitting application to Coordinator of School Services for approval.||Submit application directly to the Coordinator of School Services for approval.|
* Maximum Payment Limited to $500.00.
Principal's Signature: Date:
Coordinator of School Services: Date: