PROGRAMS & STUDENT SERVICES: 200
Winter Carnival: PSS 251
Adoption Date: October 25, 1999
Revised: January 2005
This policy applies to schools holding winter carnival activities.
To ensure schools adhere to prescribed procedures for winter carnival activities.
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board that where schools become involved in winter carnival activities, that loss of instructional time is minimized, procedures be followed consistently, and appropriate activities be scheduled.
The policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number...
It is the responsibility of the Director of Programs and Student Services to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
The Coordinator of School Services will implement the policy and administrative procedures.
1) A total of two half-days or one full day only may be granted to any secondary school involved in winter carnival activity.
2) All other activities connected with a winter carnival must take place outside regular school hours and cannot infringe on any part of the regular school instructional program.
3) Copies of activities and schedules must be submitted to the Department of School Services at least two weeks prior to the commencement of activities.
4) It is understood that all students will be involved in the activities; consequently, activities should be arranged to cater to the interests of all students.
5) All activities must be under school supervision through the direction of the principal.
6) Winter carnival activities should be age appropriate, safe, and be deemed respectful to all parties.
This policy will be reviewed by the Director of Programs and Student Services within three years from the authorization date.
All Policy Manual Holders