OPERATIONAL SERVICES: 400
Fueling Buses: OST 409
This policy applies to all Bus Drivers driving School Buses.
To ensure that vehicles are fueled at the closest Board fueling location possible to the beginning or end of the drivers run and to maintain the lowest possible rate per liter of gasoline and/or diesel.
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board to ensure the most efficient place for fueling is used (Board Fueling Stations), and that the best possible rate for fuel is maintained.
This policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number....
It is the responsibility of the Director of Operational Services to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
The Director of Operational Services will implement the policy and administrative procedures.
To receive fuel employee must know the following:
1) His/her fuel employee number which is issued by the Transportation Department.
2) His/her P.I.N. No.(Personal I.D. Number)
3) His/her unit Number (Bus or Vehicle)
4) His/her odometer reading
5) The driver will use #1 - Marked Gasoline
#2 - Marked Diesel
If an employee requires assistance, he/she must contact the Transportation Department.
Procedure: Fueling Instructions
1) Read display screen.
2) Pressing buttons firmly, enter “employee” number. Then press “Enter”.
3) Pressing buttons firmly, enter “P.I.N.” number. Then press “Enter”.
4) Pressing buttons firmly, enter your “Unit” number. Then press “Enter”.
5) Pressing buttons firmly, enter your “Odometer” reading. Then press “Enter”.
6) Pressing buttons firmly, employee enters the pump number he/she wishes to use, #1 or #2. Then press “Enter”.
7) Remove hose and turn pump lever “ON” (Employee has 10 seconds to turn pump on). If time runs out, he/she must start over from #1.
8) When pump is turned “ON” employee has 120 seconds to begin pumping fuel. If time runs out, he/she must start over from #1.
9) Once fuel delivery is complete, he/she must turn pump “OFF” and return nozzle to cradle.
10) At no time should there be children on Board when a bus is being fueled.
This policy will be reviewed by Director of Operational Services within three years from the authorization date.
All Policy Manual Holders