HARMONIZED TAX LIABILITY
Harmonized Tax Liability: FIN 112
Adoption Date: October 25, 1999
Revised: April 2, 2007
This policy covers the purchase of educational supplies and equipment by individuals/agencies and organizations.
To outline administrative practices with regard to purchases of equipment and materials for use in our schools by individuals or organizations.
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board that only goods and services purchased and consumed for educational purposes are subject to the Board’s preferential harmonized tax status in accordance with prevailing federal and provincial statutes.
This policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number....
It is the responsibility of the Director of Finance to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
The Purchasing Agent will implement the policy and administrative procedures. Individuals, agencies and organizations wishing to purchase items for schools must meet the following criteria.
1) The purchases must be for educational purposes;
2) The purchase price cheque must be payable to the Regional Board and include the Board’s HST cost (4.48%);
3) The items purchased become property of the Regional Board;
4) The items purchased are for the exclusive use of students/schools;
5) The Principal prepares the requisition and arranges for price and vendor;
6) Requisitions will not be accepted without accompanying cheque to cover the full cost of purchase plus any incidental charges such as shipping or installation, if applicable.
Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order.
This policy will be reviewed by Director of Finance within three years from the authorization date.
All Policy Manual Holders