RECYCLE/DISPOSAL OF SURPLUS EQUIPMENT
Recycle/Disposal of Surplus Equipment: FIN 110
Adoption Date: October 25, 1999
Revised: April 2, 2007
This policy covers the disposal / recycling of all surplus equipment owned by the Board.
To outline administrative practices for the disposal / recycling of used equipment.
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board that surplus equipment will be recycled or disposed of by the Purchasing Agent. Equipment disposed of will be advertised on an “as is/where is” basis at prices determined by the Purchasing Agent to represent fair market value.
PSS 245 - Surplus Equipment Policy
This policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number....
It is the responsibility of the Director of Finance to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
The Purchasing Agent will implement the policy and administrative procedures.
1. The Purchasing Agent will be notified of equipment to be recycled/disposed of.
2. When a sufficient quantity of surplus equipment is on hand, the Purchasing Agent will arrange for recycling of equipment to other sites. Equipment not recycled will be offered for sale. The general public will be notified by an advertisement in the local papers.
3. The Purchasing Agent will dispose of equipment on the basis of best price received.
4. Proceeds of sale will be forwarded to the Director of Finance for deposit to the Board's account.
5. Individual items sold with a value of greater than $2,500. will be presented to the Board for ratification.
This policy will be reviewed by Director of Finance within three years from the authorization date.
All Policy Manual Holders