Technology Inventory: OST 427
This policy is established to ensure that a comprehensive inventory of all technology resources is maintained within the Board.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all technology resources within the board are properly accounted for and identified.
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board that all technology resources are maintained in an up-to-date inventory.
Procurement of Educational Technology Equipment and Software
Procurement of Technology Equipment and Software for Management
This policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number
It is the responsibility of the Director of Operational Services of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
The Manager of Energy Management Services/Technology will implement the policy and administrative procedures.
- A record of all hardware resources shall be properly maintained in a central database. The record shall include current, specific locations of all hardware.
- The principal of each school must contact the system administrator for that school if any hardware requires movement
- Principals will notify the Inventory/Help Desk of all hardware and software purchases made at the school level.
- Operational Services personnel are responsible for recording the status of all hardware and software assigned to his/her network or schools.
- The Operational Services department is responsible for the storage of official licenses relating to any Board purchased software installed on a school’s Local Area Network.
- The principal shall ensure that only licensed software is installed in the school. The principal shall also ensure that all software licenses purchased by the school are properly stored.
This policy will be reviewed by the Director of Operational Services within three years.
Board Members and all Policy Manual Holders