OPERATIONAL SERVICES: 400
Technology Support: OST 428
This policy is intended for all persons seeking technical support from the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that proper procedures are followed in accessing technology support
It is the policy of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board that in order to ensure that technology equipment and software works to the benefit of all students and staff, a uniform and efficient communication system be established in order to maintain a high level of technical service and support.
This policy has been authorized by the Board under motions number
It is the responsibility of the Director of the Operational Services department of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board to ensure that this policy and administrative procedures are implemented.
The Manager of Energy Management Services/Technology will implement the policy and administrative procedures.
- Each site will have a regular visit from a technology support person.
- All requests for service/support must be made to the Operational Services Help Desk no later than one day prior to the technician’s regular scheduled visit.
- At each site, one person shall be designated as the site representative and contact person with the Operational Services Help Desk. It is felt that communication between the site representative and the Help Desk can resolve many minor problems.
- If it is determined that a site visit is required, a work order number and priority status will be generated and entered into the tracking system.
- When the technology support person visits a site, only the jobs for which a work order exists will be addressed.
This policy will be reviewed by the Director of Programs and Student Services within three years.
Board Members and all Policy Manual Holders