Wendy King, Coordinator of Human Resources
Important Information for CUPE 5050 Personnel
Monday, November 9, 2009
The following information regarding TRADESPERSON (Burner Mechanic) vacancies is being forwarded to you for the CUPE personnel assigned to your school/building.
All non-teaching personnel assigned to your school building are to be informed re: these vacancies so they will have the opportunity to apply.
Employment Update forms are required only for those CUPE applicants requesting a change in classification. These applicants must fill out both the Transfer Application and the Employment Update form.
Applicants within the same classification are required to fill the Transfer Application form only.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
Enclosures - Forms
OPENING DATE: Monday, November 9, 2009
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday,November 18, 2009- 12:00 p.m.
TRANSFER NOTICE: There is (1) position within the school system for a TRADESPERSON (Burner Mechanic) . The initial openings are as indicated.
All those interested in transferring to another position in the same classification or school should apply specifying the areas they are interested in transferring to (in order of preference). Such applications will only be considered should a position become available as a result of vacancies caused by transfers to posted positions.
When changing classifications, testing will occur.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must complete the standard Cape Breton Victoria Regional School Board Transfer Application (copy attached). If applying for a position not within the same classification, an Employment Update form must accompany your application (copy attached).
Additional Transfer Application forms and Employment Update forms can be obtained from the following:
Principal of School
- Human Resource Dept., Administration Building, 275 George St., Sydney, N.S.
- Property Services Dept., Alexandra St., Sydney, N.S.
- School Bus Garage, 57 Coxheath Road (next to Riverview), Sydney, N.S.
- Northside Office 127 Brook St., North Sydney, N.S.
- Dr. T.L. Sullivan Junior High, Park Road, Bras d’Or
|Applications are to be forwarded to: ||Ms. Wendy King, Coordinator of Human Resources |
|C.B. Victoria Regional School Board |
|275 George St. |
|Sydney, N.S. BIP 1J7 |
Competition number WK#1009
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
TRADESPERSON - Burner Mechanic
Candidates must be able to fulfill all requirements of the job description (please see attached).
The following are minimum qualifications and abilities for all of the posted positions:
- Department of Labour Certified Oil Burner Mechanic
- Grade Eleven education or equivalent in training and experience
- Must have a valid Nova Scotia driver's license.
- Certificates in WHMIS and First Aid/CPR, fall arrest and confined space entry
COPIES OF CERTIFICATES, ENDORSEMENTS, TRAINING MUST BE ATTACHED TO APPLICATION
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with a computerized building management system
- Ability to follow written instructions and to prepare written reports
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to kneel bends, stretch, stoop, reach, climb, and move heavy objects.
- Available to be on call seven days per week- twenty-four hours per day
- May be required to work shift work.
WORK TERM: 12 MONTHS - 40 HOURS/WEEK
RATE OF PAY: $19.24/hour
JOB DESCRIPTION: AS LISTED
WHO MAY APPLY: Regular and regular part-time non-teaching employees of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board. Positions will be filled by CUPE Local 5050 members first however casual employees may apply.
PROPERTY SERVICES POSTION 7D