Superintendent's Report - Operational Services - Maintenance - October 29, 2007
Operational Services Report
October was a very busy month in our department. Much of the work is regular maintenance on ventilation systems, boiler cleaning, replacing broken windows, etc. All roofing jobs at Sydney Mines Jr. High and F.J. Angot are complete, while the installation of a new section of roof at Breton Education Centre is in progress.
Other projects include:
George D. Lewis - Gym Renovations - complete
Donkin - New Gym - 95% complete
Florence - Repair Exterior Wall - complete
- Painting Exterior - complete
Riverview - New Lobby Addition-Phase 11- 90% complete
Sydney Mines Jr H - Most of the work completed in this phase
- All LCD and computer installation - complete
Thompson - The team is now at Thompson installing LCD and computer equipment
There is still ongoing work at Sydney Academy, Rankin School of the Narrows, Memorial High, Shipyard and several others. Updates will be provided next week.
All Cleaners, Custodians, Janitors and Maintenance personnel will attend an in service on October 26 led by Carol Lisberoil on bringing a positive attitude to the work place and the promotion of cooperation among employees.
Lab upgrade - Glace Bay Library
PC upgrade project of 20 machines - SPEC
Donation of 15 machines to Diabetes Association
Upgrade 20 Computers - St. Anne
Upgrade Lab - Glace Bay Adult
Upgrade Kurzweil Servers (assisted technology and resource)
Complete all user accounts across the board
Upgrade more than 150 computers for Computers for Schools within our Board
- We had a meeting with Chester Sabean who was appointed by the Minister of Education to review ‘the walking distance’ for students in Nova Scotia. The meeting was held Thursday, October 18, 2007. Mr. Sabean was very complimentary of our Transportation Department. He hopes to conclude his report by January 2008.
- Bus Safety Week just concluded and presentations on School Bus Safety were made to several schools within our board.
- All bus drivers and bus aids will be in-serviced October 26 on First Aid.
|Navigate through the articles|
|Operational Services - Report: November 26, 2007||Operational Services - Transportation Report: September 24, 2007|