Highlights of the Regular Board Meeting
Memorial High School
November 30, 2009
- Superintendent Davis extended his thanks to the schools for the many services held in remembrance of our veterans. He also thanked the veterans who took time to be present at the services, and to the staff and children who made ‘Remembrance Day 2009” a successful venture.
- Board Chair, Commissioner Lorne Green informed the Board that over the past month he has visited the schools in Glace Bay and Rankin School of the Narrows. He informed the Board that he attended a meeting in Halifax recently with partners from the Department of Education and the Treasury Board. He stated that the fiscal restraints which are forthcoming were noted, and those in attendance were advised that the Board will be facing some challenges over the future years.
- The Board approved the disposal of Iona School and the Bay St. Lawrence Bus Garage.
- The Board approved senior staff reviewing all cell phone and blackberry users to see if these plans are the most cost efficient.
- The Board moved a motion that a Committee of senior staff and board members meet and bring forth recommendations and strategies for the Board to deliberate in order to sustain Holy Angels High.
- end -
For more information, contact Superintendent of Schools, Ed Davis, at (902) 564-8293