SmartSection is developed by The SmartFactory (http://www.smartfactory.ca), a division of INBOX Solutions (http://inboxinternational.com)
Highlights of the Regular Board Meeting, February 28, 2011
Published by Norma Baxter [Norma Baxter
] on 03/01/2011 (1120 reads)
Highlights of the Regular Board Meeting
Greenfield Elementary School
- Board Chair, Lorne Green, stated that the proposed lease agreement for Holy Angels High has been rejected.
- The Board moved a motion to forward correspondence to the Congregation of Notre Dame requesting an extension of a lease agreement for one year with a response within two weeks with the same terms and conditions as we have now plus $60,000.
- Superintendent White stated that the Board is now starting the process of budget preparation for next year, and the task of reducing our budget by $6 million is a daunting one. To say that reductions will “not affect all programs and services” would be a misnomer, but we will endeavor to provide the best education possible for all students of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board.
- Superintendent White acknowledged the hard work of the Operational Services staff with the roofing issue at George D. Lewis School. The school was back in operation after one week and repairs continue. He also thanked the Principal and staff of Riverside Elementary for opening their doors to the staff of George D. Lewis.
- Superintendent White spoke of the hard work which our schools and staff have done to recognize the achievements of the African Canadian society. He hoped that the public took the opportunity to enjoy some of the many events which have taken place throughout our Board.
- Commissioner Fraser presented his Nova Scotia School Boards Association Report. Included in his report was the Tales Out of School site which he encouraged individuals to tell their stories. The site for this project is: www.nstalesoutofschool.ca
- end –
For more information, contact Superintendent of Schools, Ambrose White, at (902) 564-8293