Highlights of the Regular Board Meeting
March 28, 2011
Oceanview Education Centre
- Superintendent, Ambrose White, due to the five million dollar funding deficit for the next fiscal year, senior staff is working through the process with the goal of maintaining the least disruption to students and school-based staff. It is a very difficult endeavor, and all divisions within the Board will be effected by the reductions.
- Superintendent White thanked the coaches, managers and school officials for their commitment to the school’s sports teams. He also thanked all the people who take the time to coach or volunteer in any capacity within our schools.
- Superintendent White encouraged Board members and the general public to visit Memorial High School on April 19 to view the talents of our vocational students.
- Superintendent White also encouraged Board members and the public to visit the Heritage Fair to be held at Cape Breton University on May 5 & 6, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Superintendent White informed the Board that Lynn Crawford, Coordinator of RCH, is pleased to announce that the Department of Education has provided partial funding to host Randal Lindsey in our Board. Randal Lindsey is an author and principal associate of The Robins Group, and has served as a junior and senior high school teacher of history, and as an administrator of school desegregation and staff development programs.
- end –
For more information, contact Superintendent of Schools, Ambrose White, at (902) 564-8293