SNOEZELEN Room OPERATIONS :
- Parents, guardians, and primary care-givers must attend a short training session to become familiar with the operation of equipment and the Snoezelen philosophy.
- A waiver of liability must be signed for each person who uses the room by a parent, guardian or primary care-giver.
- Users must be accompanied by an adult during a visit (no more then two users and two adults in the Snoezelen room per session).
- Snoezelen room sessions are booked on a first come, first serve basis and are between 30-45 minutes long.
- All outer footwear is to be removed before entering the room. No food or beverages are permitted in the room.Please remove any sharp objects or pens from your pockets, as they may puncture and/or mark the cushions.
- The hours of operation of the Snoezelen room are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Monday to Friday for Whitney Pier Memorial Junior High students. Community access will be 1:00 p.m. to 5:00p.m., Monday to Friday. In the event of school cancellation due to inclement weather, Snoezelen room bookings will also be cancelled.
- A sign in - out form will be used to monitor usage as well as to record any problems during a visit. Cleaning supplies will be available in the Snoezelen room cabinet. It is the responsibility of those using the room to ensure the room is left clean and tidy. Please take a personal towel if user drooling is an issue.
- Whitney Pier Memorial's Snoezelen room was made possible throught the effords of Mrs. Karen Bray and Mr. Neil MacIsaac. Snoezelen equipment was generously funded by Ronald McDonald Children's Charities Canada and local sponsor Wayne Kenny, owner/operator of MacDonalds restaurants Cape Breton.
For Information and bookings contact
Snoezelen room coordinator Neil MacIsaac
E-Mail -- firstname.lastname@example.org
at (902) - 562 - 6130